Moiraine as a blond

Who here pictured Moiraine with blond hair because of the EotW cover art? I did for most of the first book, even though I read the description of her when she first showed up in EF.

Now I can never picture her with anything but dark brown hair, but how do you see her?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I actually did not. But Lan was very Asian to me, even to this day. A large Asian man. A large, rock-like Asian man.   Moiraine is a short, yet long limbed woman with dark hair (that's shorter than

Moiraine always dark hair for me, but I always imagined Lan as having blonde hair for some reason.

Never ever saw her as a blond. I saw her hair like the RJ approved artwork from the New Spring comics, even before they existed. Probably because I looked up ringlets in the dictionary (I was 15 and o

hm i can't really remember what i think she looks like. and i usually think of her in NS era, but prob cuz thats what i've read the most and haven't gotten far in the acutal series...

but i always forget Elayne has red (strawberrry blonde?) hair! she has dark brown almost black to me lol!

Who here pictured Moiraine with blond hair because of the EotW cover art?

That art looked more like chestnut hair to me, but I always pictured her with dark hair because of her description, though for some reason my mental image didn't catch on to the description of her hair as curly/ringlets until later in the series.

As for Lan, I pictured him as a somehow blue-eyed Plains Native American warrior (Weird, I know, but that's what jumped into my head because of the "tall guy with long dark hair held by leather cord and very stoic, angular face"), but wielding a samurai sword. :oops:

Also, now you've given a momentary mental image of blonde Moiraine. My brain go tizzy-spinny. :faint:

Never ever saw her as a blond. I saw her hair like the RJ approved artwork from the New Spring comics, even before they existed. Probably because I looked up ringlets in the dictionary (I was 15 and on a dictionary kick, okay?!) and one of the definitions was "wavy" so I went with wavy, dark hair. Lan...it's hard to remember it clearly now, but he didn't look that different from how he actually is, but then again, I probably didn't have any real solid image in the first place. :P

The way I pictured Myrelle and the way she actually looked were completely different, however. And I still see Egwene "wrong" but I don't think that's going to change at this point in time.

We should have vote about her sexiest fake color. Options could be White, Silver, Blond, Black, Red, Violet, and Blue. Not Green though because that looks like you got weeds growing on your head.

Hey, don't you remember little Caddy from CO? :( Her hair didn't look like weeds.

• Like 1

The dictionary's full of crap =oP. I'm only replying to that part because I have ringlets when I don't comb my hair after it dries

Ringlets.jpg

When I'm reading I view Moiraine with dark/black hair but with the face from the Eotw cover. Most of the covers suck, but Eotw was good and she is really pretty on it.

Edited by Deadsy

I never imagined Moiraine with blond hair, but I never imagined her with ringlets either! For me Mo has dark brown hair. Though I used to picture Lan as blond for a while. And I can never remember Elayne's hair colour... I keep seeing her as dark haired.

And I can never remember Elayne's hair colour... I keep seeing her as dark haired.

haha...glad i'm not the only one :P i think i think of elayne as this girl i once knew back when i was like 12 cuz her name was elayne lol prob spelled different tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...

This thread seems overly amusing now we know who will be playing Mo in the series.

I’m assuming they’ll change Rosamund’s hair colour for the role but 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not convinced blondes ever really suit being dark either.