Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sam

Wheel of Time re-release and new covers

Link

so they're using the ebook artwork, which is good, but the cover design itself leaves much to be desired. :\ makes me think of ninites fantasy.

akg16x.jpg

Ehhhh..... seems like a marketing thing from TOR. Capitalize on the buildup to the final book, copy/paste on the new covers (which I agree are much lovelier), add a basic titlecard, and tie-in with the completely unrelated fact that the year of AMoL's release just happens to also be the Chinese Year of the Dragon. I mean, what if it'd been, say, the Year of the Horse - would they put out a "special edition" AMoL cover featuring Bela?

...Actually, I would totally buy that.

• Like 1

I always hate it when they do this with series I read because it means the covers don't always match.

I am sure when the series is finished there will be some special edition. And whenever there is a movie yet another release.

Looks like so many other fantasy series. :-/ And I hate it too when the covers don't match... like my Eragon set.

I read Eragon :) But I'm no fan. It's boring with whiny heroes. Dragons are lovely and all (who doesn't love reading about the ultimate beast that also intelligent and can fly?) but I can never really picture teen boys raising them ok. Around here, they seem way more into cars and getting around than caring for baby animals. Also, after watching too much Star Trek, no doubt, I find stories with loads of species annoying and almost insulting. Since fiction sorta mirrors reality, it could be really rude to divide the population up in different archetypes and give them different races and then make the races be hostile to each other. As if the natural state of humanity was to war with those of different appearances when golden bits of history and heights of cultures have been about equality and fair trade between all.

Ha! A rant being critical to most fantasy! :D

A new cover for ACoS was recently made.

http://www.dragonmount.com/index.php/News/book-news/new-cover-art-for-a-crown-of-swords-r528

f90f95b0caf5cf08c4818aa02579c4be.jpg

I like it. Never been a huge fan of Cadsuane, but her introduction to the story was fairly significant. I really like the framing/staging (whatever the artistic term is) for all the characters, how Cadsuane seems to be the one at the center of this "crown of swords" of all the scared Asha'man. The colors are also nice, with her Ajah color for the frame and Rand's red coat contrasting nicely. Rand's face is weird looking.

I'd like to see more covers from this artist!