Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Therese Sedai

aMoL Reactions. What did you think?

First read through I was like "oh my god this is amazing" but the next morning I was like "huh..." when I thought more deeply about it.

Yeah, I know what you mean. At first it was just like this amazing feeling because we actually made it to the last book, and Moiraine was alive and it was over. And then it was just like...oh, its over? Now what

3 hours ago, Whitty said:

Okay so like, do you think it would have been better had RJ written them instead?

YES

source.gif 

• Like 1

Even if the books were the exact same with RJ writing them, it would still have been better he wrote them. With Brandon Sanderson, there will always be questions about what they would have been like if RJ wrote them, would the same choices have been made etc. Also they just would have been better because you got so used to RJ's writing throughout the series.

Yeah true true, that makes sense. Damn, you even his writing style is different? Geez. Okay so how about this, would you rather the books not have been finished at all?

On 10/27/2018 at 4:29 AM, Whitty said:

Okay so like, do you think it would have been better had RJ written them instead?

yah

20 hours ago, Whitty said:

Yeah true true, that makes sense. Damn, you even his writing style is different? Geez. Okay so how about this, would you rather the books not have been finished at all?

it was obvious it wasnt RJ. using birthday instead of nameday, implying there were prostitutes, how he first wrote mat (ugh).

i think i'd rather have it done than not, but its not the same. 😞 

I'm glad the series was finished, I just feel it would have been better if RJ had done it, but even Brandon acknowledged that. I'm not sure there is another writer I'd have preferred to take over the series either.

That that true. I don't think any writer can do the original "justice" when it's their work. But at least you did get a conclusion, so suppose that's something. Maybe if Amazon ever gets that far, they'll make it more worth while lol.

He should’ve died for good. It would’ve been a positive resolution for his character arc as a whole. 

I wonder if Harriet couldn’t bring herself to be more a part of it? It must’ve been harder than we could imagine. 

I think Harriet was quite involved in the whole thing. But yeah, it must have been awful for her, but I suppose a bit of it would have been about protecting Raj’s legacy 

What happens with Rand again? And isn't this just another like, turn of the wheel? Or did he like, finally defeat the Dark One for good for good?

On 11/4/2018 at 4:12 AM, Whitty said:

What happens with Rand again? And isn't this just another like, turn of the wheel? Or did he like, finally defeat the Dark One for good for good?

Darkness is needed for balance or something like that. So defeated but not like destroyed. If I'm remembering right.