So there was no wedding scene which is good and bad. Good 'cause thom and moiraine kissing is bit like watching your parents make out or maybe your grandpa kissing your high school friend. Bad cause any moiraine stuff would have been nice.

But I guess we can make up how we think it went down? I'll just go all out and say rand hitched them together. Or maybe Nynaeve. She is a queen now.

• Like 1
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So there was no wedding scene which is good and bad. Good 'cause thom and moiraine kissing is bit like watching your parents make out or maybe your grandpa kissing your high school friend. Bad cause a

Just Thom.

oh snap....I never thought of that  MO AND SIUAN CAN STILL END UP TOGETHER AFTER THEIR OLD MEN DIE. I am happy.

I was sad there was no wedding scene for Thom/Moiraine. I agree with Sam, it could have been totally awkward or cheesy, but still. I was also surprised and disappointed in the way Egwene/Gawyn's wedding was handled. Seriously, one paragraph where Egwene mentions they got married finally. Nothing about the wedding, their first time, how she felt about being married, any emotional stuff. These two weddings were a missed opportunity, I think, but with all the threads that needed to come together, I guess I understand - if not forgive - why they were not shown.

As for how it went down, I like your idea of Nynaeve marrying them, that is great haha. I think maybe they just kinda announced they were married and that was that, no formal ceremony. Mo and Thom are direct-to-business people, despite their sneakiness and manipulative abilities. I can see them wanting it over with and getting to the smoochies. (Thom's kiss of Moiraine before she went into the mountain was both awkward and cute.)

As for how it went down, I like your idea of Nynaeve marrying them, that is great haha. I think maybe they just kinda announced they were married and that was that, no formal ceremony. Mo and Thom are direct-to-business people, despite their sneakiness and manipulative abilities. I can see them wanting it over with and getting to the smoochies. (Thom's kiss of Moiraine before she went into the mountain was both awkward and cute.)

Moiraine likes Hearts of Flame and poetry and she married a gleeman; she most certainly would want some sort of ceremony. :P

One possibility could be Egghead with Siuan and Bryne in attendance. I guess you could replace Eggy with anyone, I just want to imagine Siuan and Mo having some time together. :(

So... Can aes sedai have babies? Is this ever addressed?

they are raised from novice to avoid babies. i always got the impression some aes sedai had in the past and their difficulties were used as examples.

o and didnt the white ajah start proposing aes sedai start having children with male channelers? so yah i think they can they just avoid it.

why? thinking of thom and momo babies? :love:

so if Nynaeve can pump one out then Thom better learn some llullabies.

:o

There are lots of things I might embrace if given no choice -- like Thom and Moiraine :love: -- but I draw the line at imagining Nynaeve (or Momo) "pumping one out"!

• 2 months later...

so if Nynaeve can pump one out then Thom better learn some llullabies.

:o

There are lots of things I might embrace if given no choice -- like Thom and Moiraine :love: -- but I draw the line at imagining Nynaeve (or Momo) "pumping one out"!

Nynaeve would have to bear Lan an heir at least! :) I do not know how I feel about Moiraine having children, however....

• 1 year later...

I can't really imagine Moiraine having children, she never struck me as especially maternal. I do wonder at what age Aes Sedai stop being able to have children at though (which may seem like an odd question) but given that they have the potential to live to almost 1000 (total guess at life expectancy since I don't have the books to hand), I suppose they could still choose to have children into their 100s? Maybe...I don't even know why this popped into my head

• 4 years later...

Okay...so does it ever say how or why Thom and Moiraine became a "thing"? Lilke, was this some time between New Spring and the first book? Did they like, happen across one another in their younger (esp Thom) years? Or did they just have some weird chemistry later in this adventure? Still don't ship them, but I am curious.

Also, good question about how long can an Aes Sedai can have children. They're ageless on the outside, but what about their insides? Them eggs still have to be finite. Or do they have babies from the One Power? Hm...

No the Moiraine / Thom is never explained in a fully believable way. Apparently there are hints in the first few books, but I agree, I never really shipped them together. It just kinda appeared out the blue if you ask me.