A lot of characters paid the butcher's bill in AMoL. We lost a lot of good people, and plenty of not-so-good people too.

Which were you most saddened by?

Which was the most unexpected for you?

Was there anyone you really didn't care about even though the story spent time on their death?

Was there anyone you were surprised to feel sad for?

Any other thoughts to add regarding the deaths?

--

--

Well, for me, Egwene's was the most impactful, as I said in another thread. But I was also surprisingly sad to see Gawyn go, even though I never liked him. Odd.

Romanda, poor Romanda. Her chapter in KoD is one of my favorites in that book, and ever since then I've had a soft spot for her. (And I know I'm not the only one on this forum who does.)

Birgitte shocked me and got me choked up. But then when she came back as a Hero I wondered why I had been surprised and sad; being woven back into the Pattern as a Hero and reborn to be with Gaidal was the best thing that could've happen to her. And she got to kill Mellar, omg that creep I have wanted him dead for so long.

Siuan's death was infuriating. Not the fact that she died, which I would have been sad and angry at but could have lived with... It was the fact that she died so quickly, with no farewell, and had too little afterthought about her by the other chars. I know it's unreasonable to expect a Hamlet-length death speech from every dying good guy, but dammit, this was Siuan! The Siuan. On top, we never got a Moiraine/Siuan reunion scene. The sads, I have them.

I suppose Siuan's talk with Egwene about legacy served as her character's farewell. I actually liked that scene a lot, even before I knew it would be Siuan's last significant scene. Still, Siuan Sanche deserved better. But maybe that's just my pillow-friend obsession talking.

Also, Bela. Just a horse, but still. Didn't someone point out years ago that she's the only character to appear in every book apart from Rand, or something like that? RIP Bela.

Edited by Olivia

A lot of characters paid the butcher's bill in AMoL. We lost a lot of good people, and plenty of not-so-good people too.

Which were you most saddened by?

O probably Siuan. :( the greatest pillow friend ever.

Which was the most unexpected for you?

Egwene no question! I'm sure someone saw it coming but I didn't.

Was there anyone you really didn't care about even though the story spent time on their death?

Rand

Was there anyone you were surprised to feel sad for?

Nothing's coming.....

Any other thoughts to add regarding the deaths?

The were very few named deaths it seems. Some really minor characters and one big one and that's it.

All the false deaths Sanderson did were annoying to

• 2 weeks later...

Which were you most saddened by? Egwene. Devastating, though I see the Tower would have had it too easy with her in the new Age.

Which was the most unexpected for you? Egwene. I also didn't expect Suian to die, at least not before she met Moiraine again.

Was there anyone you really didn't care about even though the story spent time on their death? Jeaine Kaide.

Was there anyone you were surprised to feel sad for? Gawyn. Romanda. Demandred.

Any other thoughts to add regarding the deaths? The Dragon Reborn did die, but Rand al'Thor lived.

• 1 year later...

most saddened by Siuan's and...Lanfears...but I think with both it was more the way they died rather than the fact that they did. Bela's too for that matter, but mainly because I felt like she should have survived (it was like Hedwig all over again)

Most unexpected, probably Egwene and Romanda maybe, if only because I always assumed Romanda and Lelaine's fates would be intertwined, i.e. if one died the other would too

Anyone I didn't care about...Gawyn who had really turned into a whiney brat in the more recent books, Demandred (maybe if he had actually been more significant before his point of death then I would have cared), Slayer who really should have died about 4 books ago.

Surprised to feel sad for...Bela? Ituralde, Allanna

Any other thoughts...spent most of the book expecting Lan to get killed and was so pleased when he didn't. I was also insanely surprised that Cadsuane made it through the last battle and once again happy that she did. Was kinda hoping Faile would die, even though I knew it wasn't going to happen, likewise with Elayne

Yeah, that still pisses me off to no end as well...I still liked Siuan's character at the end, even if she was a bit too "Egwene's the best amyrilin ever" pfft

Whats even more funny is that I'm still bitter over Lanfear being killed off by Perrin

Edited by Ekho