Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sam

TV show finally happening!!!

On 11/16/2018 at 12:21 PM, Whitty said:

Moiraine always needs Siuan. And I could get on board with Moiraine having a few lovers...more jealous Siuan and it would be fantastic. Cuz Moiraine would always go back and reassure Siuan. YAS. I am for this.

Haha, so the next thing to do is send our ideas to amazon 😂

Haha, it must be a nightmare, and just imagine all the casting suggestions they’ll probably be sent 😂

Considering how nerds usually react to this kind of things, I am not looking forward to the first non-white case member announced. 😶

Yeah, I’m part of a WoT casting group on fb and you should see some of the reactions the moment a non-white actor is suggested for some roles. And then the same person suggests like Charlize Theron or someone for Semirhage 🙄

everyone is so true to the book until it comes time to cast a black character. like rue from hunger games

I don't mind what actor/actress gets cast, so long as they're pretty close to the book (generally speaking). A lot of characters are open for interpretation. But again, you don't want someone blond cast for Moiraine or Siuan. Some characters need to look as described. Others, go wild.

I just want some half decent actors, who look close enough to the part. 

I also wonder what they’ll do about the “ageless face” of Aes Sedai

I feel like we need to expect the worst, so that way we won't be disappointed and it can only impress us with what they do get right.

I always do expect the worst when it comes to tv and film adaptations. So that won't be difficult 😉

Well, on the plus side, I haven't read all the books and have forgotten most things, so I guess I'll be able to enjoy it as is lol But I'll prob still complain, cuz it's fun. heh.

I’ll maybe try and do a reread when there’s a start date, just so my memory is fresh and I know what to complain about 😂. I shall continue to skip the Perrin chapters though. 

Well it's Moiraine centered, yes? So are they doing the first book of WoT or New Spring?

Yes, from the available info it seems to be Moiraine centred, but I’m pretty sure it still starts with Eye of the World