Winterish snacks

Not everybody has a winter or a specific holiday for it... but what do you snack on when you get the chance 👩‍🍳

im making a list of cakes/biscuits/cookies for this hippie village nearby where everybody volunteers from all over the world. lots want to try American treats but there’s so much variation here too! everyone’s holidays (who live there) are all going to be celebrated.

...if it doesn’t completely end in a baking disaster on my part... would anyone want a finished sample recipie list in this thread?

so far

1.mochi

2.sweet bean paste everything (not defined)

3. Sufganiyat and butter cake (bakery bought)

4. pizzelle 

5. anise cookies

6. gulab jamun

7. ??????? Cookies?????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have not gone fancy like the original post!! Mulled wine sounds good though... what about hard cider sort of heated up and spiced more?

pb cookies, gluten free gingerbread people, chocolate chip, pretzels covered with all kinds of stuff. That is what it’s ended up being so far!

and I got some homemade stollen cookies from a friend. Usually stollen is bread but hers are too crunchy/hard to be called that. They’re my favorite because they kept me from going completely starved one winter. They’re hard as bricks and impossible to eat without soaking in tea or coffee- so basically real life dwarf bread! But tasty?? It is a mystery

(Two stollen supporting a heavy ceramic bowl and full maple syrup— they could probably do a lot more😬)

C13CBAB4-8CF4-4B4A-B0BF-45D7E85C59F5.jpeg

Edited by Kaitlin
Ineptitude
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't remember liking it as a kid, but I literally had it straight out of the carton. Now that I'm an adult, scratch that, that I'm of legal drinking age (and then some) I want to try eggnog as it was intended to be drank lol

But I do want to try this mulled wine, too...