Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
icewinnowill

movie series?!?

I got this off the dragonmount website.

"Red Eagle Entertainment has optioned worldwide feature rights to Robert Jordan's 11-book series "The Wheel of Time." Deal includes all ancillary rights.

Red Eagle will initially work to produce an adaptation of the first novel, "The Eye of the World." Once that's achieved, adaptations of the others will follow.

"Eye of the World" begins when villagers of Emond's Field are attacked by minions of a force known as Dark One, forcing three young men to confront their destiny and begin a quest.

Red Eagle will not produce programming itself but will seek a production partner and focus on the ancillary licensing of branded products and services.

"In order to meet the high expectations of the millions of devoted Robert Jordan fans around the world, we intend to make careful choices regarding the development and management of the first installment," said Red Eagle president Rick Selvage.

Jordan's most recent installment was prequel "The New Spring," which bowed at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list. Jordan is expected to pen at least two more full-length novels to complete the series, along with two additional prequels.

Since 1990, more than 15 million books have been sold to readers in North America alone and the series has been published in 24 languages.

Headed by Selvage, former president of global media for IBM, the Malibu-based Red Eagle specializes in licensing and brand management of entertainment properties."

Go have a look for more speculation on it. I'm worried...who could ever play Moiraine?

here's the deal i will always support its director as you supported pj!! :twisted::twisted::twisted: i would be really pleased if miranda could play moiraine

Miranda Otto...just isn't Moiraine. She doesn't have the...'thing'.

Laura, better start running before Nimue finds out that you said that...You might last ten seconds, tops. :wink:

I've seen women who could at least look like Moiraine. They were of course no-names. I for the life of me cannot think of a famous actress who I could see as Moiraine.

They only one I could find that looked remotely like her was a young Jennifer Connelly. Except that she's taller than Otto.

Why couldn't RJ make Moiraine a giant? Hmm?

*starts muttering about nasty famous writers ruining the chances of finding a woman who fits the discription of the best character in the the whole @#$#ing series*

YOU ARE KIDDING ME???YOU DONT THINK MIRANDA -THE GODDESS CAN PLAY MOIRAINE??? SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PLAY HER THAT ELFISH SLUT COULD ACT BETTER AS A TROLLOCK

*ignites saber and runs after laura*

YOU ARE KIDDING ME???YOU DONT THINK MIRANDA -THE GODDESS CAN PLAY MOIRAINE??? SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN PLAY HER THAT ELFISH SLUT COULD ACT BETTER AS A TROLLOCK

*ignites saber and runs after laura*

Jesus H Christ' date=' this is why I'm scared to leave you people alone.

I believe she could act very much like Moiraine. However, she doesn't [i']look[/i] like Moiraine. Perhaps that is the point? I also do not agree that Tyler would do a good job. If she was picked I'd be one unhappy gal.

*dodges light saber and hides behind army of beavers and smiles defiantly*

Ya know, I still don't think she could. In fact, I don't think Miranda Otto is a great actress.

*awaits impending doom*