The New Spring thread

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd quite like it if a RJ's notebooks were published.

In Thom's letter Moiraine said "Heed carefully what I say."   Guess who also says such formal warnings (in face the exact same sentence)? Cadsuane. She told Moiraine that. And Moiraine didn't heed

I haven't read NS yet, but I read the comics and spoiled myself (again -.-') while reading a teory on wotmania about pillowfriendship with all the clues on Moiraine /Siuan..

I definitely love them and, as Mierin said above, I'm sad that in the main series there are no hints of this previous relationship Y_____Y

I like Siuan/Gareth too, while I don't like Mo/Thom (God he's too old!), but my favourite pairing is Mo/Siuan ;P

I also wrote a PM to Brandon Sanderson on Facebook, and I asked him if in the next book, once Moir is rescued, there will be a meeting between her and Siuan..

But he didn't answer me yet... Maybe he can't say anything about the plot of the next books..

Welcome Amy! Another new face :razz:

So Im not the only dork who has PMed Sanderson about something ;P I think I'm the only one on here whose actually a big Mo/Lan lover, but I do think that a meeting between Mo and Siuan is in good order and I think it must happen. I told Sanderson that Lan and Mo need to have a "moment" not a romantic one *sighs* because that wont happen, but like a private moment where theres just a lot of impact/emotion between them when she comes back, bc after all he died (in a way) bc he thought she she died! i told wont some group setting with Lan there and then that's it. that would so not be good enough!

by the way to whoever said it above, i was also sort of surprised that Mo was so cold when she found out Siuan was stilled and executed (supposedly) from Egwene, but I think really at that point she was so wigged out about her own impending possible death/vanishing that I think it clouded everything else, even that.

I think we are all struggling with Mo/Thom in a way (lol). Thom has been one of my favorite male characters and was my fav in EotW, but im ticked that RJ has suddenly really been over-emphasizing his oldness since book 5. i think maybe hes trying to go for shock value or something? Gareth is definitely better. Siuan for sure got the better of the two old guys.

Welcome Amy! Another new face :)

So Im not the only dork who has PMed Sanderson about something :P I think I'm the only one on here whose actually a big Mo/Lan lover, but I do think that a meeting between Mo and Siuan is in good order and I think it must happen. I told Sanderson that Lan and Mo need to have a "moment" not a romantic one *sighs* because that wont happen, but like a private moment where theres just a lot of impact/emotion between them when she comes back, bc after all he died (in a way) bc he thought she she died! i told wont some group setting with Lan there and then that's it. that would so not be good enough!

Eh, I'd like to see a meeting between Lan e Mo too :P

And also Mo with Rand... And Nynaeve's reaction at her return. Maybe she will faint :razz:

Ah, did Brandon answer to your PM?

by the way to whoever said it above, i was also sort of surprised that Mo was so cold when she found out Siuan was stilled and executed (supposedly) from Egwene, but I think really at that point she was so wigged out about her own impending possible death/vanishing that I think it clouded everything else, even that.

I've always thought that Moir had been really shocked by that news but she didn't show it to Egwene.. After all, she is very well at hiding her emotions..

I have an alternative chapter in my mind with Moir POV where she shows her pain after Egwene gets out of her tent...

I always have alternative chapters like that... ;P

I think we are all struggling with Mo/Thom in a way (lol). Thom has been one of my favorite male characters and was my fav in EotW, but im ticked that RJ has suddenly really been over-emphasizing his oldness since book 5. i think maybe hes trying to go for shock value or something? Gareth is definitely better. Siuan for sure got the better of the two old guys.

That's for sure :P

I think Gareth is one of the most fascinating men of WoT

I like Thom, he's a good character IMHO, but I simply do not see him with Moiraine.. ;P

Eh, I'd like to see a meeting between Lan e Mo too ;P

And also Mo with Rand... And Nynaeve's reaction at her return. Maybe she will faint :razz:

Ah, did Brandon answer to your PM?

I want Lan to faint! Nynaeve can yank her braid out. :P

No he didn't :P

I've always thought that Moir had been really shocked by that news but she didn't show it to Egwene.. After all, she is very well at hiding her emotions..

I have an alternative chapter in my mind with Moir POV where she shows her pain after Egwene gets out of her tent...

I always have alternative chapters like that... ;P

well, you've found a friend in me! post them!

I want Lan to faint! Nynaeve can yank her braid out. :P

;P

No he didn't :P

;P

well, you've found a friend in me! post them!

Oh, I'm not very good at writing, I just imagine the scene.. :P

And I think I wouldn't be able to write them in english too... :razz:

OMG! I love your Avatar, Moiraine/Marie? I'd never thought of the possibilities of Moiraine/Cadsuane BDSM.... I love it.

OMG...! It is so not like that! ;P

(I will never forgive you, Olivia!)

I love Cadsuane. And I love that she slaps people around, yes. And I think NS Moiraine could use some slapping (on the face!). My mind cannot picture them...together...in any sort of way.

I have thought of Moiraine/Siuan BDSM :razz:

• 1 month later...

Urgh... *groan* Years later, I finally noticed something in NS I really should have picked up the first time reading. Please feel free to smack me if I was the only one who didn't pick up on this little piece of retardation and everyone else already noticed.

Lan's daori, his big woven lock of hair, is to be given to his spouse at his wedding... His dowry (daori). :eek:

RJ... man... :D

• 1 month later...

"Note that I'm not saying there won't be more Wheel of Time material released. That's not up to me. There were notes for prequels (Mr. Jordan wrote one of a planned three) and some notes on what happened to certain characters after the end of book 12. However, those are all intended as extra information and separate books outside the Wheel of Time main series."

This was on the main page of dragonmount.com in there "About the Gathering Storm" link. i wonder if someone'll actually finish the New Spring trilogy!:)