Towers of Midnight Thread [Merged]

I have no idea if there is already a ToM thread (hahaha...it spells Tom...) and I was too lazy to search.

ANYWAY

The cover is just as ugly as expected but oh god, the Moiraine fan in me is just weeping for joy at the idea of this stupid plot finally wrapping up.

http://www.dragonmount.com/News/?p=1272

Also, I hate visiting Dragonmount. I do not know why. Even the name makes me go :P

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm hoping she comes back normal too. If she's overly powerful she might not be the same Moiraine.   They better not make it a cliffhanger.

Yay, thanks for linking this, Marie! I don't really visit other WoT sites so I would never have seen this otherwise.

I too am happy to see that the Tower of Ghenjei will finally be opened. :P I just hope it doesn't happen at the very end of the book and leave us with a cliffhanger, postponing our Momo scenes until AMoL! I'm still concerned about what state Moiraine will be in (stilled? weaker? crazy? become lovey-dovey like Siuan with Bryne?) upon her rescue, and also how Sanderson will handle her portrayal. But after so long I've gotten tired of waiting and worrying and just want to get it over with, for better or worse.

On another note, why do the characters look different ever cover they appear in? The same artist has been doing the covers for twenty years, you'd think he'd have settled on a look for Mat or Thom by now.

I just hope it doesn't happen at the very end of the book and leave us with a cliffhanger, postponing our Momo scenes until AMoL! I'm still concerned about what state Moiraine will be in (stilled? weaker? crazy? become lovey-dovey like Siuan with Bryne?) upon her rescue, and also how Sanderson will handle her portrayal. But after so long I've gotten tired of waiting and worrying and just want to get it over with, for better or worse.

On another note, why do the characters look different ever cover they appear in? The same artist has been doing the covers for twenty years, you'd think he'd have settled on a look for Mat or Thom by now.

If there is a cliffhanger I...I might do something illegal. Or at least cuss like a sailor and scream. That is to say, I would not be happy.

I'd like her to come back normal, please. Although I imagine she'll be needing a bath real bad. I don't think I could handle her being stilled/weaker or worse: another Siuan.

• 2 weeks later...

It's slated for October 26th!

The Last Battle has started. The seals on the Dark One’s prison are crumbling. The Pattern itself is unraveling, and the armies of the Shadow have begun to boil out of the Blight.

The sun has begun to set upon the Third Age.

Perrin Aybara is now hunted by specters from his past: Whitecloaks, a slayer of wolves, and the responsibilities of leadership. All the while, an unseen foe is slowly pulling a noose tight around his neck. To prevail, he must seek answers in Tel’aran’rhiod and find a way–at long last–to master the wolf within him or lose himself to it forever.

Meanwhile, Matrim Cauthon prepares for the most difficult challenge of his life. The creatures beyond the stone gateways–the Aelfinn and the Eelfinn–have confused him, taunted him, and left him hanged, his memory stuffed with bits and pieces of other men’s lives. He had hoped that his last confrontation with them would be the end of it, but the Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills. The time is coming when he will again have to dance with the Snakes and the Foxes, playing a game that cannot be won. The Tower of Ghenjei awaits, and its secrets will reveal the fate of a friend long lost.

This penultimate novel of Robert Jordan’s #1 New York Times bestselling series–the second of three based on materials he left behind when he died in 2007–brings dramatic and compelling developments to many threads in the Pattern. The end draws near.

Dovie’andi se tovya sagain. It’s time to toss the dice.

Sweet! Tower of Ghenjei action. Still though, it could be that that portion of the book will end just as they rescue Moiraine, postponing actual Moiraine goodness until the last book... But I do hope not. :lol:

It'll be cool to see the Slayer/Luc plot finally wrap up too. I hope the characters finally put the pieces together of who he really is. I'm guessing the Whitecloaks are Galad and his crew (didn't a scene in TGS mention Galad with Perrin w/o showing us it?), including Bornhald who is still psycho with hate for Perrin IIRC.

I wonder if this other "unseen foe" Perrin will face is someone we know already, or maybe something to do with the Broken Crown plotline?