Distinctions Prologue Spoiler Thread

One prologue spoiler:

SHE LIIIIIIIIIIVES! HAHAHA! And she kicks ASS. I knew that "balefire the whole castle" thing was WAY too anticlimactic to be real. You go, girl. :siuandance:

Edit: I'm happy because I was actually right about a WoT prediction (no matter how obvious to others) which is rare for me.

Edited by Olivia

One prologue spoiler:

SHE LIIIIIIIIIIVES! HAHAHA! And she kicks ASS. I knew that "balefire the whole castle" thing was WAY too anticlimactic to be real. You go, girl. :siuandance:

Edit: I'm happy because I was actually right about a WoT prediction (no matter how obvious to others) which is rare for me.

:thommoi: I also predicted that, and am very pleased to be right.

Where can this be downloaded? Pooo

I got mine off Amazon.

I found the prologue very exciting. Over the years WoT prologues seemed to get longer and longer, but this one was very quick paced. No idea on actual page length since I read on a phone screen, but even then it was great!

One thing I don't like? Going so far back in time. We already know Galad meets Morgase thanks to TGS, so this whole being taken by the Questioners episode feels a bit melodramatic; clearly he'll survive the ordeal. Also, Perrin's whole "I hate being a lord!" thing is getting a bit old now.

Are there any clues yet as to how badly Galad will be beaten? What methods of torture are used? I had an odd thought when reading about the prologue that his too pretty face would be an obvious target. Evil, I know, but it would be an interesting twist for his character if he came out with a couple of teeth missing or a broken nose.

If he's the man in white I'd prefer if Berelain fell for him when hearing about his sacrifice rather than just finding him hot. If he's all bruised when they meet it gets less shallow :siuandance: Probably he won't fancy her back at first, and perhaps he finds out about her plots with Perrin and dislikes her for that. But Galad is in for a long list of stuff happening to him (OK not that long but we're not used to him actually going through stuff) so perhaps if Berelain is very persistent he'll need some comfort later on. Her normal ways of flirting will probably not work though.

Are there any clues yet as to how badly Galad will be beaten? What methods of torture are used?

IIRC, we get hints of what Questioners do to their prisoners in TEotW and later when Morgase is tortured by them. Things involving piercing needles, knotted cords, the rack, knives slicing away skin, hot irons and pincers. They're supposed to be based on the Spanish Inquisition, and they had some pretty nasty torture methods including stuff like waterboarding, being chained up by your wrists twisted behind your back, etc. So it's very possible that Galad will be permanently scarred, as you said. =/ I don't like the guy, but he doesn't deserve that.

Bruised AND full of cuts and burn wounds then D: I only read "beaten until he passes out" in a prologue summary and that ought to be really bad alone!

But at least he doesn't think Aes Sedai are automatically darkfriends so he'd allow himself to be healed later. Or perhaps he thinks the right thing to do is to suffer through and let it stay the way it is. Rand saw him with Perrin in some vision and didn't remark on such a thing so I guess he'll be fine enough.

Edited by Brynefan
  • 2 weeks later...