Rand's Bodyswap

OK, so one common theory is that Rand will do some body swap and thus die yet live or whatever. I find that to be such a cop out but at the same time all evidence seems to be pointing towards it. :\

You have Egwene's dreams, Nicola's fortelling, Min's viewings, and even the Aelfinn with their snakey "to live you must die" answer...ugh.

Body swap? As in, transfer his soul to another body? Yeah that would be silly, I agree.

I've always gone with the more mundane theory that Rand will just pretend to die as some sort of scheme and then "come back to life" to surprise his enemies or some such. Fits in with the ridiculous Jesus-ing of the last two books or so (not that the Jesus symbolism wasn't always there, it's just much more ham-fisted and eye-rolling in TGS/ToM; I just can't take Rand seriously anymore), and some of the viewings/Dreams can be interpreted as such. Also fits in with other mythological figures Rand is tied to, like Arthur or Osiris. But I'm open to other theories about how "to live, you must die" will play out.

Rand's current body is very beat up, and it is doubtful it would make it past the Last Battle or very much longer past it.

I know some of thought his doing a soul transfer to another body (Mordin's perhaps?) would be a way of explaining what is "odd" about Aviendha's babies.

I agree that it sounds lame... but... lots of things sound lame but when actually written out they are perfectly fine.

Like a certain "romance" (if a one-way romance can be called that :P) in Harry Potter. Every time someone brought up the theory before book 7 I thought it sounded terrible and hoped to God it wouldn't be true." And it turned out they were right, and I loved it.