• ya
    • nay

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with both sides.   Being a Cairhienin doesn't stop one from having wild sex with strangers, it just stops you from talking about it. What I think hinders Moiraine is her paranoia. She would,

As far as men are concerned, she is a virgin in every way that is important to them. Women don't count because the good aren't 'spoiled' unless a a man is involved. Some of them would draw the line at

But whats in my head is soo much more fun

Posted Images

I know I ruin it for those of us who are romantic and prude and want Moiraine to be all virginal for Thom but there is just no way she never met anyone before him that she fancied. He just isn't that special and she's way too practical not to scratch her itches with whatever is handy.

Nah, I'm sure a good-looking lass like Moiraine has had -- and taken up -- plenty of chances for "fun". And I don't care what RJ says, I too find it hard to believe that she and Lan spent 20 years together without doing anything.

I think she's a virgin. Not because she was saving herself, but because she felt she had more important things to do. I also don't see her as someone who'd have a casual relationship, and she was always travelling so that was the only option. It was pretty clear she wasn't into Lan that way and I think her Cairhien-ness would have kept her from doing anything with him.

Edited by Deadsy

If she was that introverted and only manages to open up to Thom in her 40s, I don't think she'd be a Blue because they seem to be go out and do stuff people. She travels the world and meets thousands of men and she clearly finds that kinda life fruitful and giving or she'd have agents traveling all over for her while she's hiding somewhere with a bunch of cats. I added that last bit about cats because they are good for lonely people not loving to go out.

I agree with both sides.

Being a Cairhienin doesn't stop one from having wild sex with strangers, it just stops you from talking about it. What I think hinders Moiraine is her paranoia. She would, I believe, need to vet anyone before she hopped into bed with them, otherwise she would be second and third guessing everything they said. Do they like me because I'm pretty? Or because they know I'm a Damodred? Or because they know I'm Aes Sedai? OR because they know I'm Aes Sedai AND a Damodred? Or maybe...!

And yet, I have a hard time believing she wouldn't be a little curious, just once, what it was like with a Warder.

• Like 1

I guess Moiraine could be a bit paranoid...but even if she was truly paranoid, surely she could still have sex and still be secure about not giving away all her secrets or be neurotic about what her lover might think of her. I'm not saying she's super casual about her sex but remaining a virgin in her forties despite being healthy and outgoing would require her to be passionate about her celibacy and she doesn't come across that way in the books at all. Especially not New Spring.

I so am! My side is leading, yours is a whole vote behind!

Yay Siaun Sanche... *Whisper* If she looked like that at me with such a mustache, I have a feeling my clothes would mysteriously slip off. I wonder if that is what happened to Moiraine and she suddenly found herself nekked before a smiling Siuan.

Edited by Vertex
  • 2 weeks later...