Moiraine's World Forums
Ekho

A memory of light: the countdown

Anybody else insanely excited / apprehensive for a memory of light?

I had a look at some of the spoilers on dragonmount and didn't get very far before I realised I actually didn't want to know anything (which is a first for me).

I'm kinda worried about the death toll by the end though...most of the characters I like are evil :(

Edit: okay I went back to dragonmount. Someone needs to take this computer away from me, I feel like burning my eyes out!

Edited by Ekho

I've been avoiding spoilers as well. I spoiled myself a lot for TGS and ToM and would rather go into AMoL blind like I did with everything pre-KoD. Poor Ekho! *takes her computer away before she ruins book for herself* :runcry:

I'm pretty excited for AMoL. Not as much as I'd be if RJ was still alive; I really miss his style. But still, I'm not as disappointed in Sanderson as some are, and I'd rather he finish WoT than it not get finished at all. I'm looking forward to seeing WoT finally end, though of course like everyone I'm sad it's ending. But, canon may be over, but fanon is never over! :D Still plenty of fan activities and enjoyment left for years and years.

WoT's been a part of my life for so long I can't even imagine what I'll feel like when it's done. Oh well, Wheel keeps turning. :siuandance:

Day after tomorrow! ZOMG I WILL BE AT BOOKSTORE AT OPENING HOUR TO BUY IT.

I have not been spoiling myself like I did last time. Mostly because I never visit dragonmount therefore no temptation.

I am starting to get stupid excited though! But that could also be because I have that day off from work. :P

One more day soooo excited...have already went to my local bookstore and tried the argument "its tomorrow in Australia, you should just sell it now" pfft they didn't find it convincing

Hope you guys are going to enjoy the last book! I'm almost through with it... At least I'm at a point where I can put it down and not feel like I'll be missing out on anything I haven't yet read.

Reactions later when everyone else is reading!

P.S.

If you can't contain yourself, chapter 5 is the one you're looking for.

Edited by Therese Sedai