Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaitlin

Winterish snacks

Not everybody has a winter or a specific holiday for it... but what do you snack on when you get the chance 👩‍🍳

im making a list of cakes/biscuits/cookies for this hippie village nearby where everybody volunteers from all over the world. lots want to try American treats but there’s so much variation here too! everyone’s holidays (who live there) are all going to be celebrated.

...if it doesn’t completely end in a baking disaster on my part... would anyone want a finished sample recipie list in this thread?

so far

1.mochi

2.sweet bean paste everything (not defined)

3. Sufganiyat and butter cake (bakery bought)

4. pizzelle 

5. anise cookies

6. gulab jamun

7. ??????? Cookies?????

Christmas means sugar cookies and hot chocolate. And apple pie after dinner. And more hot chocolate.

Hot chocolate is the best part of winter. Fight me.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Or hot apple cider.

Brownies are always good, but I'm trying to think of other things we usually have. I will have to revisit this thread later...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ekho said:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095be9f3ec33326f6463

(Chocolate that is, not Jean Claude Van Damme)

I have so many questions

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Marie said:

I have so many questions

I don’t think I can answer any of them 😂

• Like 1

Oh yeah. Just about anything pumpkin. But like, pumpkin rolls or pumpkin chocolate chip cookes! Yum!

• Like 1

I have not gone fancy like the original post!! Mulled wine sounds good though... what about hard cider sort of heated up and spiced more?

pb cookies, gluten free gingerbread people, chocolate chip, pretzels covered with all kinds of stuff. That is what it’s ended up being so far!

and I got some homemade stollen cookies from a friend. Usually stollen is bread but hers are too crunchy/hard to be called that. They’re my favorite because they kept me from going completely starved one winter. They’re hard as bricks and impossible to eat without soaking in tea or coffee- so basically real life dwarf bread! But tasty?? It is a mystery

(Two stollen supporting a heavy ceramic bowl and full maple syrup— they could probably do a lot more😬)

C13CBAB4-8CF4-4B4A-B0BF-45D7E85C59F5.jpeg

Edited by Kaitlin
Ineptitude

Those look like biscotti. 

All your stuff sounds pretty yummy, but i'm not a huge fan of pb cookies...just depends on the kind.

Anyone for egg nog?

I’m not an eggnog fan oddly enough, so I’ll just stick to my mulled wine and pretend I’m an aes Sendai visiting a tavern 😂

I don't remember liking it as a kid, but I literally had it straight out of the carton. Now that I'm an adult, scratch that, that I'm of legal drinking age (and then some) I want to try eggnog as it was intended to be drank lol

But I do want to try this mulled wine, too...