Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marie

Thom's role in last battle

I've been wondering lately how Thom is going to fight (if he'll fight) considering his weapon of choice--knives--isn't as useful against Trollacs as a sword, but even moreso he favors throwing them and, well, he'd have to carry a lot of knives.

He'll probably just stay by Moiraine's side and yell encouragements to her while she does her awesomeness with Rand. He can be like those husbands who hold their wife's hand while she is in labor and repeatedly tell her to "push" as if she somehow needed to be reminded to do that.

I agree. I actually think most of the main characters will be near SG at the end. Elayne/Aviendha/Min will probably be near Rand. So will Nynaeve and Moiraine. Their warders will be there to watch their backs (if they're still alive). All that leaves out is Egwene. I don't know where Perrin and Mat will be but it would be pretty great if the whole gang is there together. Not at the end with Rand, but near the end.

Anyway, he'll just throw knives in bad guys' faces. *shrug*

and then uh... he could make Perrin make him some more?

Edited by Deadsy

Well you know Thom's sleeves remind me of Mary Poppins' bag, he always seems to be able to pull more knives out of them. But Thom will probably just stick close to Moiraine, she can keep him safe :P

I'd hope all the significant others would have learned from Min's getting in the way/Rand losing hand fiasco.

I'd hope all the significant others would have learned from Min's getting in the way/Rand losing hand fiasco.

People don't learn things in WoT. They repeat mistakes over and over again until they're made da'covale, da'stang, damane, etc. :D

Edited by Deadsy

It is interesting question since I do not believe he will be of much use in battle.

he will be there to make the reader go "aww, the whole gang's back together again"

you know he really is the male min. a glorified bedroll warmer who throws knives and wears tight pants.

What I'm worried about is the fact that Min/Thom still doesn't seem like the worst WoT couple ever.