TV Show Accents

Okay so, while doing a marathon to catch up on Game of Thrones (books are better by the by...) I started to wonder if Amazon would maintain all the different accents in the books or do the lazy thing and just give everyone generic British accents. 😑

I will be very disappointed if Momo isn't a Frenchy. :spork:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say the latter....which really is disappointing, because a lot of books emphasis accents from different regions. It would be nice if they did it though. Something fun and fresh and more close to the books.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean over here in the UK we do have quite different accents between regions, so they could still stick with British accents and they wouldn’t be all the same. 

(Also the generic accents on tv are English and usually London based.) I know this isn’t a big deal, but as a Scot I sound nothing like those tv accents. 

Having been told us Americans do indeed sound like we have oatmeal in our mouths, it would be a shame if the Seanchan lost their Texan flavor. Although I guess Tuon might not seem so regal going "hey y'all".

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, I can't take people serious with deep southern drawls....And they do have some differences on GoT, so I can see them doing it for WoT. That would be great fun. But then I would want to know what Siuan sounds like still...so...

They could make Carhienin accents Welsh, because they can be described as quite musical. And Siuan I would imagine to have almost a Yorkshire accent...but honestly as long as they don't all sound like they came out of Oxbridge I'm happy

I know different regions of the UK have different accents...I just wish I knew them better LOL can you educate the naive American? 😅Also, Marie is totally hoping for Momo to be French right? LOL that'd be sexy...I mean, cool.

• 1 month later...