Only, I imagine Lan to be slightly (*cough* a lot *cough*) uglier! :-p

Aww, c'mon! If he was even a little uglier he would BE Gaidal Cain.

Plus Lan's not an eyesore, right? Moiraine doesn't appear to have an active interest in men, but she's never said anything like "Oh Lan Gaidin, your face is to she-Trollocs what lights are to moths."

Royal couples tend to produce good-looking children, besides. Take a look at Wincott's character in Alien Resurrection. His face is...sinister. Tom Jane's face is hard, war-torn, but not evil.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hell, I'd do anything for a chance of oosquai.

Emily Blunt would be a great Siuan! I always like Claire Forlani for her as well. And I would say she was pretty: " She was nearly a hand taller than Moiraine and was pretty, if not quite beautif

Also I have new suggestions for Moiraine (I may be a member of a WoT casting group on facebook now cos y'know I'm still cool and all that😉) Janet Montgomery or Sarah Greene

Posted Images

weird... i always thought of Lan as quite handsome to begin with, but as you say, aged and marked by a hard life...

I am of this persuasion.

When y'all call him ugly, you're doing so right alongside beautiful goddess-like Aes Sedai and people like Galad-frickin'-Damodred, who is apparently the hottest man evar.

Galad and marble-carved women aside, Lan would be fairly attractive, but only just so. His years of killing stuff with only a pindrop's warning has given him a hard, eternally vigilant face, but one that is considerably warmer with a smile, according to Nynaeve, anyway.

Consider his archetype, too. He's a fighting man, through and through. Which of his breed are better-looking than he is? Besides, he has kept his face as pretty as he could because he's damn good with a sword. So maybe Paitr of Arafel is more handsome, but you folks are way too harsh in your perceptions of Lan! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi people - I'm new here (be nice :D ). Found your site while googling. Obviously, I'm a wheel of time nut, or I wouldn't be here :o

Just wanted to comment on some of the choices you've made for possible actor's:

2. Egwene - Winona Rider - too old, I think. Egwene's younger than Rand/Mat/Perrin even, and Winona Rider just won't look right as a.... what, 16-yo? I think a newcomer actress would be good for her part.

6. Lanfear - Catherine Zeta-Jones - pure personal bias here, but I hate zeta-jones. That's not really a reason to change though. :(

btw, you've forgotten Min :P

Males

1. Galad - Brad Pitt. That's just wrong. On all counts....

2. Thom - Sam Elliot. May I suggest the ever-brilliant Sean Connery?

3. Moridin - Guy Pierce. Great choice.

5. Perrin - Karl Urban. Also a great choice by looks. Unfortunately, about 10-15 years too old :-(

7. Mat - Orlando Bloom. So cliche. Almost as bad as Leo DiCaprio, I think....

Just my opinion - you probably don't want it from a newbie..... *oh well*

Regards, PA

Actually Egwene is only 2 years younger, which makes her 20 (or 21 depending on what year it is now).

I think we changed Brad Pitt from Galad, but it's been so long since I updated...

Oh, and newbies' opinions are welcomed. :(

Actually Egwene is only 2 years younger' date=' which makes her 20 (or 21 depending on what year it is now).

I think we changed Brad Pitt from Galad, but it's been so long since I updated...

Oh, and newbies' opinions are welcomed. :([/quote']newbie opinions, yay clap.gif I believe Egwene is 20 now, but it's been a couple of years since they left the 2 Rivers. I don't know the exact time frame, I've lost track over the 11 books, I thought a couple of years, she's still in her teens at least.

I remember writing out a movie cast for WoT when i first read it, that was 10 years or more ago now, so most of the actor's don't fit the role anymore. Only Sean Connery as Thom Merrilin fits, I think he's got the right presence for a gleeman/courtbard/queen's lover/allround good bloke grin2.gif

Regards, PA

Sorry, I'm used to my own smilies on another forum - hope you don't mind blush.gif.....