Moiraine's World Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ishmael Moridin

Random XIV

Random thought: I miss WoT, I miss the excitement I had in the build up to a new book being released (even if the result was slightly dissapointing) I don't feel like any series I'm reading at the moment has captured me in the same way that that Wot did

I have found no fandom really replaces this one for me. :(

Random thought: I miss WoT, I miss the excitement I had in the build up to a new book being released (even if the result was slightly dissapointing) I don't feel like any series I'm reading at the moment has captured me in the same way that that Wot did

I have found no fandom really replaces this one for me. :(

I am in agreement.

Yes I heard about it, watched about three seconds of it, saw Billy Zane was in it and turned it off.

Its a total joke to be honest, the owners of red eagle should be slapped

So did anyone else see or hear about that "Winter Dragon" thing that was done?

I managed to watch the whole thing.

Yes I heard about it, watched about three seconds of it, saw Billy Zane was in it and turned it off.

Its a total joke to be honest, the owners of red eagle should be slapped

I wanted to like it? I mean, I have a soft spot for Zane because he was in SSX Tricky but...god it was awful.

You watched the whole thing? I'm impressed. :bowdown:

I'm just afraid this will harm the possibility of a serious cinematic adaptation of WoT getting made in the near future.

Apparantly the rights to WoT have been purchased, and a tv series is on the cards. Y'know a proper one, not that crappy Winter Dragon thing that was out.

But who knows whether anything will actually go ahead. I think alot of fantasy series' rights have been snapped up since the success of Game of Thrones

So I have heard! This is exciting (yet troubling?) news. I hope it is done well. GoT has definitely thrust the idea that fantasy series can succeed and become poplar TV series. I have posted two links below for more information.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/wheel-of-time-tv-series-sony-1202390897/

http://www.tor.com/2017/04/20/casting-ideas-for-the-new-wheel-of-time-tv-series/

I feel ashamed for ignoring my own forum. That I pay for.

I am on lunch so will have to investigate later, but have no hope for a good adaptation of WoT.

Haha, Marie there is no need to feel ashamed!

I see the site has been updated :) !

I actually have some hope for a decent (maybe no overly faithful) adaptation of WoT, if only because something is going to want to fill the GoT gap in television when it ends.

Haha, Marie there is no need to feel ashamed!

I see the site has been updated :) !

Yes, slowly I am trying to bring MW into the new decade. It feels a bit like the old geocities days of playing around with web stuff.

If there's a WoT adaptation I better not see any wrinkling Aes Sedai or I'll be mad, lol.

I'm not sure how they'll do the ageless look for aes sedai, but I imagine with older aes sedai such as Romanda or Cadsuane, that they'll choose actresses that are slightly older than I would imagine to be ageless